You need to connect the Merge Duplicate Tickets app to your Zendesk Support. This authorizes the app to securely access your Zendesk account via the Application Programming Interface (API) and to receive notifications of when a new ticket is created in your Zendesk Support.
Sign in to the Merge Duplicate Tickets App
When you create an account within Swifteq, and sign in to the Merge Duplicate Tickets app, you are prompted to connect the app to your Zendesk Support.
If the Connect to Zendesk Support page is not already displayed, sign in to the Merge Duplicate Tickets as follows.
- Open your Zendesk Agent Dashboard.
- On the left-hand side of the Dashboard, click the Merge Duplicate Tickets icon in the navigation menu.
- Sign In with the Swifteq Account that you created.
Connecting to Zendesk Support
When signing into the Merge Duplicate Tickets app, if it has not already been connected to your Zendesk Support, you are prompted to connect.
The Connect to Zendesk Support displays automatically.
- Enter the URL for your Zendesk account. This will always end in ".zendesk.com".
- Click Authorize in Zendesk Support.
Allowing Merge Duplicate Tickets to Access your Zendesk Account
Swifteq then needs the permission to access your Zendesk account and read your Zendesk Support tickets. The following screen displays.
When you have connected and authorized the Merge Duplicate Tickets app, the Configuration Settings display.
The next step is to Configure the Merge Duplicate Tickets app. Refer to Configuring the Merge Duplicate Tickets App.
Reauthorizing Help Center Manager
Once Merge Duplicate Tickets has been Authorized, there may be times that you need to Reauthorize. For full details refer to Reauthorizing or Disconnecting.
- Reauthorizing Merge Duplicate Tickets allows you to fix any access issues to the Zendesk API. For example, if you are not seeing the information in Merge Duplicate Tickets that you expect.
- You need to Reauthorize if the user who initially made the connection has been revoked in Zendesk, or if the permissions for that user have been removed.